Suggest treatment for persistent bed wetting in a child

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My daughter is 11 years old. She does bed wetting almost every other day. We tried to develop a bed clock . We had taken treatment from Homeopathic, but it did not cured her problem. Can you please suggest us what to do ?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Water restriction at night

Detailed Answer:

Bed wetting in a 11 year old girl is surely pathological. There are no psychological issues connected here to treat the condition with conventional methods.

The lone cause here appears to be a over active bladder. This is well treated with Oxybutynin or Desmopressin tablets.

I would recommend you to visit her pediatrician for a hand written prescription with dosage suitable for her.

Also, restricting water intake in the night during and after the dinner would minimize the urine quantity and subsequently the bed wetting.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137