Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Treatment for abdominal movement despite normal USG results?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 11767 Questions
Feeling some movement in upper right abdomen. USG done but everything normal. Doctor saying it is because of gas. They gave me tablets for gas. But there is no any improvement. Please suggest me what can I do?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be a laxative and plenty of fluids orally Detailed Answer: Hi Sanju. Thanks for your query. It is good the USG is normal. GAS- is a general term used and does not denote anything specific. Have you any other problem like nausea, vomiting, loose motions , eructations or passing of foul smelling gas? If these symptoms are not there try taking a laxative like liquid Cremaffin plus 2 tsf at bedtime and continue with the ''tables for gas''. Drink plenty of oral fluids like clean water, coconut water, Electral solution. Avoid outside food and beverages know to cause gas or abdominal upsets. I hope you would fine in a few days time. Sometimes Domperidone helps in a dose of 10 mg thrice daily, if you have no other symptoms. Hope it helps. Dr Chandrakant
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for abdominal movement despite normal USG results? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. I have no any other symptom rather than movement in right upper abdomen but some time I m feeling hurt burn. And another thing I am already taking laxative from last 20 days and already completed three days course of domperidone tab. please reply
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Upper GI endoscopy Detailed Answer: Hi. This is great , please continue on domperidone also. Heartburn sometimes goes in favor of acid-peptic disease. I hope you are already taking ranitidine or PPI like omeprazole or so. I would suggest you to go for an upper GI endoscopy. This may give us the answer for the feeling you are getting. An additional X-ray of abdomen in standing position during movement can give some more information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor