Suggest dosage for Cremaffin syrup

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: When can I take cremaffin syrup, in the morning or at night or twice a day, and before or after meal?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxx,
Thanks for using Health care magic platform for your health concern. I understand it.
Cremaffin is a combination of liquid paraffin &milk of magnesia... having duel effect of avoiding hard stools & lubricating the gut/anus.. &thus relieves constipation.
- Normally it is taken at night before going to sleep with warm water after food... to relieve occasional constipation.
-In chronic conditions may be specifically prescribed twice a day / before food.
-It's dose depends on your health condition & normal bowel habits.
*With a surgery to relieve anal stenosis.. at your age... you should try the 1 spoon twice a day before meals & increase the dose as per need (with consultation of your surgeon.)... as the main object here is to have soft stools & avoid loose motions & avoid friction at anus. The drug to be continued &balanced according to motions you have..... till healing.
* Change in diet with more fiber (vegetables, salads, fruits ) & proper hydration (8 -10 glasses per day ) /forming regular stool habits & exercises that suit you (walking/yoga) would help in natural prevention of constipation.
I feel that answers your query. For any more information please ask... I would be happy to help...
Thanks.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D