Took levofloxacin hydrochloride for cold and found pregnancy. Any harmful affect on pregnancy?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: 3 days prior Knowing that I was pregnant I had a cold. I took 3 capsules of a medication called Levofloxacin hydrochloride. I understand this medication is not recommended during pregnancy.

Question:
Did this affect my baby/fetus/pregnancy?

Btw, 1 capsule equals 0.1g according to the package I have still in front of me.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 days later

Yes, the medicine Levofloxacin is contra-indicated in pregnancy.

You have taken 3 capsules equaling 0.3g in total. However, this is a very small dose and one time dose that you have taken. Hence, I do not think it can harm your baby/fetus/pregnancy or you.

Please relax and go ahead with your pregnancy.

Get an ultrasound check done at 6 weeks to 8 weeks to confirm on the same.

Let me know if you have more queries.