Tips to reduce creatinine level in women?

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Question: tips to reduce creatinine level in women?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later

I have seen all attached reports. She is suffering from Chronic Renal failure and I am sure she must be taking treatment for it. She has high creatinine, Potassium and Phosphorus level which is consistent with renal failure.

She should take care of following:
1) Take care of her diet - Low protein, low potassium, salt restriction and total fluid intake should be Urine output plus 500cc.
2) Please maintain near normal Blood pressure by drugs.
3) Avoid any infection and if it occurs treat it promptly.
4) Maintain good hemoglobin take your drugs regularly.

Please let me know line of treatment she is taking.

In such cases if renal function deteriorates she has to prepare herself for hemodialysis. An 'AV fistula' may be formed if not already done.

The only other option is Kidney Transplant for which you should discuss with your treating Nephrologist.

Hope this is helpful for you, I will be available for any further query, please feel free to ask.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad