Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking zanocin and topla-d for penis pain. Have tight frenulum. Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
I got some untolerable pain at the tip of my penis. I consulted urologist in Bangalore and going through medication. The medicines I am going through is Zanocin and Topla-D.

I have a very tight frenulum and tip inside frenulum is more reddish(as per doctor's examine)

He is suggesting to go for surgery. and is saying frenuloplasty may not be possible due to small ring, then may have to proceed for circumcision.

I want to know whether any risks involved in the frenulum surgery? and is there any alternative way for overcoming tight frenulum apart from surgery.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

If you have a tight and short frenulum, best option is either frenuloplasty or circumcision.
I personally prefer circumcision, which gives a far better result.
Side effects like bleeding and pain are very rare if done by an experienced urologist.
It is a very safe surgery, which can be easily done in the outpatient department.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor