Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

TSH test result. Medication & best endocrinologist around indiranagar or banaswadi in bangalore?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi ,
I would like to know a best endocrinologist in and around indiranagar or banaswadi bangalore and also my TSH value is 9 .PLease suggest what dosage to be taken
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Thyroxine dosage needs to be adjusted according to the symptoms, previous thyroid values, any changes and proper clinical examination.

Do not even consider adding or reducing your dosage without proper examination and blood tests. The changes are to be made after discussion with the treating Doctor.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Regarding the Endocrinologist, Dr. Vageesh Ayyar in St. John's Medical College has good reviews. You can also visit Fortis Hospital, Marathalli.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: TSH test result. Medication & best endocrinologist around indiranagar or banaswadi in bangalore? 1 hour later
I have been taken normal dosage of 100 mg everyday.Now since the TSH value is 9 I am worried and moreover I will be travelling to US shortly hence I need some advice to be followed
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 10 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

If the TSH values are higher in comparison to previous ones then the dose adjustment might be required after evaluation of your weight, body type, height, previous doses and might be increased accordingly.
Regarding going abroad you can consult with an Endocrinologist right now here and there is no problem in travelling.

Please accept my answer if you have no further concerns.

Wishing you Good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor