Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Swollen vein between scrotum and anus. Advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10207 Questions
I have a swollen vein between my scrotum and anus, today it seems like a pimple or boil came out where the vein was what can I do to treat this? Is this common?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Having a prominent vain between the scrotum and anus with a boil on it is certainly not a normal symptom. It is indicative of a local infection in the area.
Such infections do need antibiotics for treatment. STDs like Herpes also needs to be ruled out after appropriate serological tests.
Most commonly such lesions are the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to not to pop the blister, and keep the area clean. You can apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You can plan the next step later, in the event if it doesn't. Keep a vigil on the number of lesions. Go for a review if numbers are increasing steadily and worsening happens over the next few days.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor