Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Swollen and bruised knee, enlarged spleen. Okay to travel?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
i have a swollen and bruised knee and have no ides how it happened. i went for an x XXXXXXX and i have a slighly worn knee, i had blood tests which came back fine, it has been like this for 3 days. is it okay to fly as i am going on holiday tomorrow,i also have a slightly enlarged spleen, but clotting results were fine? i am female, 45. 5 ft 6 and 12 stone.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 13 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Yo mentioned that o have swollen and bruised knee since last 3 days.

Based on the information you have provided, it appears hat you must have injured your knee ligaments or meniscus.

Knee joint contains multiple ligaments, cartilages and meniscus. Some times, trivial injuries due to twist/turn can lead to injury to the knee. This mainly presents of knee swelling with or without pain. There can be sometimes instability.

The most important treatment strategy for such situations is to take rest. Avoid any king of physical activity requiring prolonged walking/running.

Going on a Flight will have no effects on your knee swelling/bruise. However, since you are going on a holiday, try to avoid any exertion on knee joint for next few weeks.

Spleen can be enlarged due to multiple causes. You have mildly enlarged spleen. If you do not have any symptoms, then you need not worry about the same.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor