Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Swelling and burning sensation on penis. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
--in my penis burning sensation
--swelling in penis
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 51 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand the condition better and opine specifically.

Since when do you have burning sensation in the penis ?
Are there are any lesions like ulcers or lumps over the penis, foreskin or glans ?
Have you used any medications for the same ?
Are you sexually active ?
Where is the swelling? Is it on the glans or whole of the penis?

Waiting for your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Swelling and burning sensation on penis. Looking for cure 55 minutes later
it is actually pain since day before yesterday
i usually sex twicw a week.
last two nights i deed.
my wife is also complaining infection since today morning.
no ulcer
swelling only all over.
me and wife taken nuforce-kit of mankind pharma ltd 30 minutes ago.
above medicine was prescribed by doctor one year back when we both got infected.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Since it is being presented in you and your wife I do suspect it to be a sexually transmitted bacterial infection.

Nuforce-kit would be a right choice but I would recommend you and your wife get examined by your treating doctor to decide about continuing the medication and the exact course and dosage.Taking medications on own can cause unnecessary ill-effects.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Swelling and burning sensation on penis. Looking for cure 26 minutes later
can you suggest me any doctor in secunderabad/hyderabad.
till then when shall i repeat nuforce-kit

as i and my wife are feeling more than 50% relieved now
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later

You may can consult
212 A, XXXXXXX Plaza, S K Road, Ameerpet,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - 0000

I would suggest to you to continue the medication only after the consultation.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor