Suggest ways to rule out hypothyroidism

Excellent

Endocrinologist
Question
Please see 'Medical history'

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
about thyroid and high lipid profile:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your concern carefully.

First I would suggest you do some further exams (Ft4 and Ft3) to decide about thyroid function or rule out hypothyroidism. As you've mentioned having typical symptoms of hypothyroidism and TSH is at lower normal limits, Ft4 and Ft3 are suggested to rule out central hypothyroidism or hypothyroidism caused by pituitary pathologies even though it is rarer than primary hypothyroidism manifested with high TSH.

Regarding lipid profile, the treatment depends on 10-year cardiovascular risk which takes into consideration other risk factors such as hypertension, smoking, Diabetes etc. If the cardiovascular risk is over 7.5%, treatment should be started. This risk is a calculated one and can be calculated by your doctor based on certain data.

Hope the information will help. Feel free to ask further and let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta