Suggest ways to manage stress

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Mental Health
Question: recently I have broken out in gives I think it is due to stress is this something that can happen
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If the stress is managed

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Stress induced skin eruptions last as long as stress is there. Once there is reduction in stress or the stress is eliminated the eruptions disappear simultaneously.

The complications of stress induced eruptions are rare other than itching and excoriation which can lead to secondary infection.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
What can I do to relieve the symptoms
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for follow up.

I like to state that stress management is not the medication management and it is important to manage the stress by using life style changes.

I am writing down few of the strategies that will help you in management of stress leading to reduction of your symptoms.

1. Diet: Ensure intake of adequate quantity of fiber. 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits( One preferable citrus fruit). proper diet does miracles and rejuvenates.
Avoid junk food and fast food especially pizza, burgers and excessive sweets

2. Ensure adequate water intake: Recommended intake of water is 2 to 3 litre a day. Insufficient intake of water could be a contributing factor in causation of symptoms.

3. Early morning Exercise: Brisk walking for 30 minutes at a stretch preferably in garden will be very helpful. Walking is the best exercise, it also promotes release of Endorphins( naturally occurring pain killers released in brain) which causes mood elevation and generalised feeling of well being.
There is no need to go to gym r use any expensive workout instruments.

4. Avoid tea/coffee/ nicotine and alcoholic beverages: If at all you want to drink something, drink fresh lime water. It is very much refreshing.

5. Start your day with a glass of Lemon water with 2 spoons of honey added. have a good breakfast.

6. Don't take work so seriously: We all have the feeling to excel in our respective fields and don't spend adequate time with our own self trying to understand our own needs.
Spend time with your family and friends.

7. While working take frequent regular breaks: Taking regular breaks will not waste the time, but it will definitely increase the productivity, concentration and reasoning.
Close your eyes and rotate the eye balls for couple of minutes

8. Avoid late night socialization

9. Avoid starring for longer time at the computer screen or TV for longer time

10. Steam inhalation before going to sleep will be very refreshing

11. Meditation and Yoga

Wishing you a very happy and healthy life
Thanks again.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist