Suggest treatment when diagnosed with dupuytren's contracture

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have been diagnosed with duruytren contracture what would be the best action for me to take
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
To heal Dupuytrens contracture, these 3 things.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

There are 3 treatments for Dupuytrens contracture. Physiotherapy, medications and surgery. If you were to habitually stretch out your fingers to the maximum, this can lead to an amelioration or passing away of the contracted fascia beneath the skin of the hand. Medically speaking, you might need a corticosteroid at that
part, where the nodules grow uncomfortable. Surgical resection of the fascia can be made.

Thanks,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Medical consultant
Healthcaremagic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar