Suggest treatment to cure weeping ulcers in abdominal crease

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 5 May 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a weeping sore along the crease of my abdomen about 3 inches long. How do I treat it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antiseptic dressing and oral antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to healthacaremagic. I am Dr Kakkar. I have gone through your query. I would like to know more from you: -since how long have you had this sore? Is it painful? -Can you upload a picture? Weeping and oozing ulcers of this big size need to be dressed daily with sterile antiseptic dressing after cleaning with betadine solution. If I was the treating doctor I would have advised an empirical oral antibiotic for a week OR 10 days (My choice of oral antibiotic would have been Amoxycillin 500mg in combination with clavulanic acid 125 mg, thrice daily, for a week OR Cephalexin 500ng thrice daily OR Cefadroxil 500mg twice daily, for a week). Regards