Suggest treatment plan to conceive with history of PCOD

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: hi.. I m 28 yrs old 72 kg hieght 5.1. I m having pcod n I get periods only after taking progesterone. done 3 month course of divery 10 but no use. now started ovasheild. does in work for conceiving. when to ve intercourse. plz guide me.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
From day 7, every alternate day

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

Based on the provided history, I am assuming your doctor has helped to regularise your menstrual cycle before prescribing you with ovaa shield tablets which have the active ingredient clomiphene citrate which does indeed help to make you more fertile and promote conception.

Sexual intercourse can be initiated from day 7 of your cycle and should be repeated every alternate day. The reason why sexual intercourse is advised every alternate day is because the male body requires at least 48 hours to build up enough healthy semen to help with conception. But please also consult your doctor regarding the regimen he/she advises.

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes ma'am.