Suggest treatment for weakness in diabetes

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Question: Dear Sir

I am 32 year old male and was found diabeteic seven months back as sugar was quite high that time (220/120). The doctor has suggested trimetaday V2 twice daily though the sugar is under control but i feel weakness most of the time...kindly suggest
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need multivitamin supplements.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi! It is quite understandable, but now as sugars are under control, you must start with multivitamin supplements. You must take calcium 1 gm /d, vitamin D 60000 IU once a week,Vit B12 1500 mcg.Take these medication with your local doctor prescription.
You must keep sugars under control.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju