Suggest treatment for watery eyes

Dr. Behar Greca

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I had a glucoma surgery on both eyes, since then my right eye waters constantly. Its embarrassing. because I still work p/t at a cash register. I am semi retired, I am 66 years old. What can I do about it?
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tear gland infection...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting!

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

I think that all the symptoms you are experiencing are related to a tear gland infection(chronic dacryocystitis). The thing that might have caused this infection is the enclosure of the tear gland.

The treatment of this complication is made by local and oral antibiotics.

You should also consult your oculist for an eye examination which will help your doctor in the determination of the diagnosis and its treatment.

Ask me for anything unclear. I would be happy to answer.

All the best,
Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T