question-icon

Suggest treatment for vomiting and jaundice in a child

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015
Question: my daughter had joindice in sep. 2014 but she is still having vomiting. last three days she had taken NEXITO PLUS OD but since last 15 hours she is totally unconcious frequently for some time. Advise me now what can i do.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
She needs to examined by doctor in ER (casualty) immediately.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I appreciate your concern for your daughter.

Incomplete data:

Age of your daughter?
For how long she has been unconscious?
For how long she has been given NEXITO PLUS?
Is she still suffering from jaundice?

NEXITO plus drug consists of two drugs Escitalopram & Clonazepam used for various clinical conditions.
I would like to know the reason for which NEXITO PLUS OD is being prescribed for your daughter.
In presence of jaundice, drugs like NEXITO Plus are not safe hence contraindicated.
There is a possibility of either overdose of NEXITO Plus or due to severe jaundice which may affect the brain causing coma.

In view of her present general condition, she should be examined in ER for immediate care to find out the exact cause and management of her comatose condition.

Should you need more information, please feel free to send your query.
Take care of yourself and of course your daughter.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali