Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
Hi, Please find attached reports of my father who wants to go for one eye catrac operation but diagnosed with sugar. Also i got his Lipid profile done which is attached. Please review both and confirm if things are under control.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Uncontrolled diabetes with nephropathy. Detailed Answer: Hello, welcome to XXXXXXX THANKS FOR YOUR QUERY. Looking into the medical reports your father has uncontrolled diabetes, hyperlipidemia and possible nephropathy(early stage kidney disease). Cataract is done under local anesthesia. So right now control of blood sugar with insulin should be enough to undergo surgery considering that age of the patient. A cardiac evaluation with ECG is advised. Post surgically me needed medical care to control all the above conditions. I would advice him to keep his fasting blood sugar under 110 mg/dl, PPBS under 160 mg/dl and HbA1c below 7 %. Diet, exercise and medication are very important to control and slow diabetic related complications. lipid lowering drugs needed to be prescribed to control hyperlipidemia. Consult a nephrologist to assess this kidney damage as he loss proteins in the urine. Hope the answer helps your. Let me know if you have any clarification. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor