Suggest treatment for treatment of gall bladder calculus

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 29 Apr 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi, my mother got detected 8mm gallstone in ultrasound report. her age is 60. what can be best treatment options.. please suggest
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your mother need surgical removal of gall bladder(Cholecystectomy).

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Your mother ultrasound findings suggests calculus in gall bladder.
Your mother need definitive treatment of gall bladder calculus i,e surgical removal of gall bladder(Cholecystectomy).
Gall bladder calculus is prone to infection and obstruction,so it is advised to get rid of calculus early.
Gall bladder calculus also causes cancer if it is kept for long period.
You should consult surgeon for operation.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX