Suggest treatment for tinnitus and ear pain

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello. For about 6 weeks I have been experiencing a strange sensation in my right ear. It feels as if something is very lightly stimulating the hair follicles at the entrance to my ear. As if a drop of water had leaked from there, or a stray lock of hair touched that spot. Yet, there is nothing there.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
meet ENT surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query

I can understand your concern

According to your history you might be having tinnitus. This is a condition you will hear hizzing noice due to collision of sound waves to your hair follicle.

If you are feeling like a drop of water getting leaked , then might be a chances of breakage of tympanic membrane. So you may need to meet your local ENT specialist,doctor will check your ear with otoscope and treat you accordingly

Dr Priyanka S Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 23 minutes later
I appreciate your response. I am hearing no sound. Can tinnitus be silent and take form of a light tickle sensation, above the lob but on the inside of that small pointed nub of skin that one XXXXXXX into the ear for quiet.

I have checked numerous time with my finger and a q-tip amd never have I felt wax or water or anything other than the very small hairs that grow there. Yhere is no liquid or discharge at all.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
clinical examination is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing again
Do you have any hearing problem?
Do you take ant medicines for long term?

Dr Priyanka
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj