Suggest treatment for tinea pedis infection of lower legs

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

I had reacged out to HCM a month back to check on remedy for my recurring fungal infection every year between my right leg fingures, Dr from HCM suggested some anti fungal powder, and i used candid dusting powder, which was showing some result, but now after some days of usage it seems like geetong rough and showing some swelling and a little pain, im afraid its not suiting.. Pls advice what needs to be done next.. Attaching some pictures of my feet
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting on HCM
I have reviewed your clinical pictures and it seems clear that you have got Tinea pedis, a sort of fungal skin infection of lower legs.
Just use of mere antifungal dusting powder wont be much helpful as to treat fungal infection properly you need a complete treatment aproach.
I generally recommend proper course of oral antifungal drug like itraconazole 100 mg twice a day for 2 weeks along with local application of sertaconazole or luliconazole cream over affected areas twice a day.
Continue using Candid powder as required especially before going outdoor.
Take oral antihistaminics for itching as required.
Maintain proper hygiene and avoid tight footwear and consider replacing old footwears with new ones. Use only cotton socks.
Hope this will take care of your problem.
I would request you to send your follow up pictures directly to me after 2 weeks so that I can guide you further along management in better way.
Let me know if you need any of my assistance.
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda