Suggest treatment for symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Lupus
Question: I have RA and am losing muscle in the ball of my right foot and right hand. What is happening?
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is Arthritis Controlled

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, firstly I would like to know is your arthritis controlled? That is, is there any swelling or pain going on in the joints of the hand or foot...Many a times, it does happen when there is active inflammation going on the muscles do lose their tone as they are not being used enough which causes the wasting. So, it is important to control the inflammation first

Secondly, what medications are you on for Rheumatoid arthritis..??As some of the medicines used can cause weight loss and muscle loss

Do let me know these queries. Would guide you further from here

REgards
dr Naval