Suggest treatment for symptoms of intestinal worm infestation
my baby is 8 months old.recently since last two month we are noticing following symptoms.
1. loss of appetite
2. loss of weight
3. less sleep
These symptoms indicate intestinal worms.
Please suggest some deworming medicine for her.
She is taking following medicines daily
Vitamin D3 drop
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually worm infestation can present with symptoms you had described.
I usually advice albendazole 200 mg one dose at night to kill worms.
It must be repeated after two weeks to kill the eggs inside intestines that may become worms by that time.
Also ensure your child doesn't keep fingers in mouth often which may predispose to worm infestation.
Washing all the toys and teethers regularly should also help.
Continue current supplements till one year.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for seizures and neuroglycopenic symptoms
- Suggest treatment for fever with respiratory symptoms
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of concussion
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of goiter
- Suggest treatment for flu like symptoms
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of adema
- Suggest treatment for kidney infection symptoms
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis
- Screw worm symptoms and treatments