Suggest treatment for swollen ankles
Needs assessment, dependant edema, renal evaluation and echo
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Not to have colonoscopy at age of 88 was wise decision as it could bring more harm than good and not needed when slight conservative management can fix the issue.
Swollen ankles, however needs evaluation as with low thyroid hormones and high blood pressure, i would consider that for cardiac congestive failure and renal impairement. Although former is usually associated with shortness of breath and chest symptoms. So i would suggest an echo and renal functions assessment. Once both of these ruled out, the next likely cause of these swollen ankle would be nutritional dependent edema common in old age and nothing to worry about and managed with just supportive care.
Nutshell get some work up for ankle edema and rule out sinister causes and managed accordingly. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Treatment for swollen ankle
- Swollen ankles gout treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen ankle caused by an injury
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Swollen ankles cause and treatment
- What is the treatment for swollen ankle
- Sprained swollen ankle treatment
- Swollen legs and ankles treatment
- Treatment and cure for swollen ankle