Suggest treatment for swollen ankle after being stung by a wasp

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I got stung by a wasp yesterday on my ankle, and I am a diabetic. Today, my foot is swollen and clear liquid popped out of the sting area. Should I go to urgeny care now?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this should be looked at.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Given that you are a diabetic, I would recommend going in to the urgent care for the area to be looked at in person. It's important to see how much swelling (particularly if you have any history of peripheral nerve problems) and if there are any signs of infection.

So, yes, go in to be seen.

I welcome you to let me know how you are doing after you are seen and ask any further questions at that time.