Suggest treatment for swelling on the ankles
The precipitant was most likely banging ankle .
Banging ankle may be a precipitating factor and this may lead to an infection called foot erysipelas. If this is your case than you should do as follows:
- Apply ice bags
- Keep your toe nails cut and short
- Apply aseptic solution over your toe
- Avoid standing up position more then a couple of minutes
- Raise your feet during night (Placing two pillows under your feet while sleeping)
- Use antibiotics.
If these measures will not help than other exams are needed to exclude other problems which may precipitate your symptoms. In this case I would recommend to do:
- Blood work (to evaluate renal and liver function)
- Doppler evaluation of both legs
- Foot x ray evaluation
- Cardiac echo
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Ankle injury swelling treatment
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- Ankle swelling treatment