• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sweaty hands and forehead

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I'm 18 years old. I'm so much worried about my problem and ready to pay any amount for treating it fast. I'm having suddenly sweaty hand forehead problem during talking with someone in party with friends etc. I loose confident. I feel nervous.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sit back, believe in yourself and projecy confidence!

Detailed Answer:

This is anxiety attacks and happens because you are afraid to talk to new people. The best way to overcome this once and for all is to build your confidence. However, this is difficult in the short term and I will recommend propranolol 50mgh before going to occasions. This makes you bold and feel relaxed when talking to persons that you would have been normally nervous. But, this remains a temporary solution as the main long term goal is being able to handle them without the need of medications. As you grow older, this will also ease.

In all, anxiety attacks. Propranolol would help. However, practice to otay calm and relaxed when talking to persons around you-both familiar and unfamiliar faces.

I wish you well. Keep me posted on how this plays out.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Thank you for your answer doc. And what about hand sweating? I sweat alot in both palms and feet.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get your TSH levels evaluated!

Detailed Answer:

I will like your thyroid gland to be evaluated. I will suggest that your TSH levels be measured and you communicate that with me.

Looking forward to that!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Chobufo Ditah