question-icon

Suggest treatment for stomach cramps, nausea and diarrhea

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014
Question: I have had a bad headache that comes and goes, stomach cramps, naseau, scratchy throat, diarreah and feel really off for 3 days.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Viral enteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from Viral enteritis. Most of them are self limiting not requiring any treatment.
Here are my suggestions to you

1. Take plenty of fluids, avoid cold beverages
2. Acetaminophen is the ideal pain killer for you. You can take it three times daily
3. Avoid oily food items
4. For the stomach cramp and nausea, I suggest you to take Tab pantoprazole once day before food
5. If the symptoms do not improve you might need further evaluation by a GP

I hope I was of help
If you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist