Suggest treatment for steroid induced acne on face

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor, i used HHSONE on my face after doctors advice. but after stopping now my face s turned dark and too many acne eruptions is emerged. its really painful with pus and blood. pls advice what to do. i consulted a skin specialist who gav me tretinoin to be applied along with azithromycin and vitamin tablets, but its not working.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
aloevera , antibactetial cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query.Hhsone is a steroid.
You have developed steroid induced acne.
Tretinoin might cause irritation as steroid causes thinning of skin.
It is better to appply an antibacterial cream like nadifloxacin. This will prevent infection and help your skin to regenerate.
Also apply aloevera gel in night.
This will help in faster healing.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 minutes later
nadifloxacin should be applied when doctor? will i get back my complexion too..? Also this month he changed the cream to retino ac gel. this still more irritated and burns.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its a prescription medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the follow up

Nadifloxacin cream has to be applied once a day but as this is a prescription cream you need to discuss regarding this with your treating doctor.

You might get back your complexion gradually after completely stopping steroid based creams.

Retino AC gel contains Clindamycin and Tretinoin, as mentioned in my previous reply, continuous use of steroid cream might have caused thinning of the skin and application of tretinoin might cause irritation. Please discuss all these with your treating doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj