Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for steroid induced acne on face

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
Hi doctor, i used HHSONE on my face after doctors advice. but after stopping now my face s turned dark and too many acne eruptions is emerged. its really painful with pus and blood. pls advice what to do. i consulted a skin specialist who gav me tretinoin to be applied along with azithromycin and vitamin tablets, but its not working.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
aloevera , antibactetial cream

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.Hhsone is a steroid.
You have developed steroid induced acne.
Tretinoin might cause irritation as steroid causes thinning of skin.
It is better to appply an antibacterial cream like nadifloxacin. This will prevent infection and help your skin to regenerate.
Also apply aloevera gel in night.
This will help in faster healing.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for steroid induced acne on face 10 minutes later
nadifloxacin should be applied when doctor? will i get back my complexion too..? Also this month he changed the cream to retino ac gel. this still more irritated and burns.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its a prescription medicine

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up

Nadifloxacin cream has to be applied once a day but as this is a prescription cream you need to discuss regarding this with your treating doctor.

You might get back your complexion gradually after completely stopping steroid based creams.

Retino AC gel contains Clindamycin and Tretinoin, as mentioned in my previous reply, continuous use of steroid cream might have caused thinning of the skin and application of tretinoin might cause irritation. Please discuss all these with your treating doctor.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor