Suggest treatment for sore throat
I am shruthi, I am 26 weeks pregnant suffering sore throat since yesterday. Not sure if i can take any medicines now i am gaggling twice thrice a day but there is no sign of reduction. please advise me.
continue gargles with warm salt water.
Welcome to HCM.
You are having sore throat since 1 day.
Contiue gargling with warm salt-water thrice a day.
Adding some honey or lemon to a warm cup of decaffeinated tea can help relieve a sore throat, and elevating your head may help you to get some rest.
If you also develop fever, cough, sinus pain and headache or if the problem increases, an antibiotic like azithromycin (prescription drug) would be necessary.
Kindly consult your doctor in such case.
Kindly persist with these home remedies. Hope fully you will be fine in 4-5 days.
Hope this helps.
happy to help
You are welcome.
Happy to help.
Kindly close the discussion if you have no more queries and give your valuable feedback.
might need antibiotics.
Hello Dear Shruthi,
Sorry to hear about your health condition.
I would suggest you to drink a cup of hot water in sips twice a day.
Avoid cold drinks and spicy foods.
Also, consult your gynecologist. I think you might need antibiotics now. Azithromycin is a safe antibiotic (prescription drug).
Hope this helps.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat after fever
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache