Suggest treatment for sore spot on the crease of leg and hip area
I have a sore (maybe started as a cyst or boil) and it had puss for months and now just wont heal. I have attached a photo. Its on the crease of my leg and hip.
Excision and HPE appears more appropriate
Thanks for your query and clear history and the picture.
The history of this being present for months, non-healing character, positioning in the crease and appearance in picture you have provided leads me to the decision as follows.
The best option is to consult a surgeon for clinical evaluation and possibly surgical excision.
The reasons :
- Position in a crease
- long duration
- you must have already tried all possible treatment options
- appearance in the picture, thickened, cracked skin around also changed.
- you get rid of the disease
- and most importantly you get HPE, a confirmed diagnosis as to what the problem is.
I hope, this is the best policy in the given circumstances.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore bursitis in hips
- Suggest treatment for back and hip pain
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for severe necrosis of the hip
- Suggest treatment for cellulitis on leg
- Suggest treatment for bowed leg
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- Treatment for leg cramps at night and hip pain
- Suggest treatment for hip pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain