question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore spot on the crease of leg and hip area

Posted on Wed, 27 May 2015
Question: I have a sore on the crease between leg and hip area and it's been months and it will not heal. I've attached a pic.

I have a sore (maybe started as a cyst or boil) and it had puss for months and now just wont heal. I have attached a photo. Its on the crease of my leg and hip.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Excision and HPE appears more appropriate

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and clear history and the picture.
The history of this being present for months, non-healing character, positioning in the crease and appearance in picture you have provided leads me to the decision as follows.

The best option is to consult a surgeon for clinical evaluation and possibly surgical excision.
The reasons :
- Position in a crease
- long duration
- you must have already tried all possible treatment options
- appearance in the picture, thickened, cracked skin around also changed.
- you get rid of the disease
- and most importantly you get HPE, a confirmed diagnosis as to what the problem is.

I hope, this is the best policy in the given circumstances.

Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon