What does this histopathology report indicate?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 8 May 2017 in Cancer
Question: 42 year old lady underwent Left MRM for Right CA breast ( HPE suggested invasive ductal carcinoma) in December 2016. Patient had a h/o right breast lump in December 2014 for which she went excision of lump with histopathology reported as "Fibrocystic mastopathy right breast" .
My question is, whether previously detected Fibrocystic mastopathy right breast (December 2014)is related to currently diagnosed(December 2016) Invasive ductal CA right breast)
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It seems unrelated

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So if the previous tissue was correctly labelled as fibrocystic disease then there is no relation between previous diagnosis and cancer as fibrocystic disease is benign and doesnot lead to cancer development.
Only dilemma is that whether the 2014 lesion was wrongly labelled as benign fibrocystic disease.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana