Suggest treatment for shoulder, jaw and chest pain after using treadmill

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am angioplasty patient (30) from two year then now i suggest for tmt test after tmt iam feeling some heart problem symptoms like shoulder pain jaws pain and sometimes normal chest pain
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The pain described can be cardiac in origin, Do forward the TMT report

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr Mody and I will be addressing your concern,
Now the pain you describe, did it occur at peak level of exercise when you were walking of the treadmill and of yes did they have to terminate the test because of the pain and did th the pain subsides post stopping and on how many minutes did it subside.
I would be in a better position to help you if you can send me the TMT report by uploading it.
Also some information in which artery the stents was put and was it after acute attack.
Lastly do you feel breathless while you have to climb stairs or you have to walk fast.
The pain you describe has high probability of being cardiac I'm origin particularly if it occurred during peak exercise.
Do send me more details so I can guide you for further investigation. Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 9 hours later
Sir My Tmt was absolutely ok report and I visit to Dr he said me don't worry about it sometimes these problems are normal
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
If TMT is negative, you need not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX .
If the TMT is negative than you need not worry about it.
Many a times as you have not exercise to same degree post plasty you may have non specific chest discomfort. There are various scores that can be used for grading, if you can upload the TMT images I would be able to do that for you, otherwise in all probability as you gave already visited your doctor, you need not worry at all and continue medicine and healthy lifestyle.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T