Suggest treatment for severe upper left back pain and frequent urination

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Accident and Emergency
Question: Hi, for the past few days I am experiencing very sharp and severe back pain. It's on the upper left . I don't know how to get it better but it's really painful the pain is unbearable. Also I keep need to urinate and can't hold it.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mechanical back pain and Urinary infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
The sharp and severe upper back pain can be a mechanical back pain, more related to posture while working.
For pain and spasm to go you have to do back exercises to relive the spasm associated with this. Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will also be helpful in relieving the spasm.
Correct your posture while sitting. Take frequent breaks during your work.
Lie on hard bed. Avoid forward bending and lifting heavy weight.
You can take anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to relieve pain.
The frequency of urination that you have is likely to be due to a urinary tract infection. Do get routine urine examination done and get proper antibiotics prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal