Suggest treatment for severe toothache

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: Can you help with a bad toothache?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tooth / gum infection, medication, radiograph

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the tooth pain is concerned, it can be because of the tooth infection or gum infection. Nothing to be panic, you can consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. mean while you can take a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin and metronidazole combination(if you are not allergic) along with a pain killers like diclofenac(if you are not allergic). You need to get a radiograph like Intra oral periapical radiographs done to confirm the diagnosis. once the diagnosis is confirmed we can treat the tooth accordingly.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D