Suggest treatment for severe swelling in legs and ankles

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello, I woke up today with severe swelling in both legs/ankles. I am a 36 year old female, have hypothyroid disorder controlled by medicine, take a beta blocker for tremors but have been experiencing borderline pre-hypertension recently. I feel tired and have a bit of a headache, but also have a migraine disorder. I'm not sure what to do about the leg swelling. I took an anti-inflammatory that has helped slightly.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload an image of these legs for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this swollen legs. I will suggest that you upload an image of these legs for review. This will provide more information for me to narrow down on the list of possible causes and provide more focused and helpful information. For now, decreased fluid and salt intake alongside elevating the legs would definitely help while we figure out what the exact cause is.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
I've already done those things today. The selling has gone down a bit, but there was extreme pitting when the tissue was pressed. I will upload a photo.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Okay. Continue in this ight

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I am happy to know the selling is getting better. continue with those measures and do jot forget to get and X-ray to make sure all is well with the structures at the ankle.

keep me posted when you get these going.