Suggest treatment for severe pain in the shoulder

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor,

I recently hurt my right shoulder. I'm experiencing pain while doing some movements. While I try to fold my hand backwards i'm not able to completely reach the neck. Recently visited a Ortho doc and i was told there is muscle tear which would take weeks heal. I'm not very much convinced with the treatment i'm taking now. Could you please guide me in this.

- XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle tear

Detailed Answer:

Muscle/ligament tear usually take 3 to 4 weeks to heal and painkiller tablets and ointments is the best treatment. I would suggest you continue with the treatment your doctor has prescribed and adequate rest to your shoulder will heal the tear faster. I can help you better if you can name the tablets and ointment he has given you.

I hope this answered your query. Looking forward.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 23 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for quick response.

Below are my prescription details.
Ointment : Voveran Emulgel
Tablet : Acecloran-SP

I'm also attaching my Xray, please check and let me know the severity.

-XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kampana 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal x ray.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay.

I have gone through your x ray and it is normal. So there is no doubt about fracture. A muscle strain/tear will heal slowly with time. Muscle tear severity cannot be seen on a xray. Do not wory it will heal by 1 month. Continue the medicines as and when required.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 15 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you so much.

I would continue with the medicines prescribed for now. Will write back to you if needed.

-XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kampana 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, sure. You are welcome.

With regards,