Suggest treatment for severe pain in the left breast after a mammogram

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a lg "knot' on upper left breast first mammagram 2013.Dr said "its a knot he could see it and feel it so he said lets take a wait and see attitude. OK 3 years later the knot is larger but not painful so I am ok with that. May 13 2016 mammogram apparently I have some cysts need more test, I come home my left breast is swollen / hot to the touch and feels like a hot ice pick through my inverted nipple to my back .The pain still is severe , Mri was done they said "looks good 'except for the knot / cysts/ inverted nipple. I went to breast surgeon yesterday he said we need a chest x ray and to take aleve for pain. I have exhausted my options so I dont know what to do about this severe pain.I am in so much pain I cannot lay down in any comfort .I keep thinking about calling 911 but what will thay do ? I feel like these people just don't want to be bothered with me. But I really need to get some medical help.I went to my GP who said he thinks the mammgram ruptured a cysts.Cant prove that I dont know what to do.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Vicodin/tramadol/morphine!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. For now, i will focus on effective pain management while the exact cause of your pan is identified and managed accordingly. Even when the cause of a pain is not known, there is no reason to continue suffering in pain when it is possible to effectively managed it and gain time to identify the root cause and treat fully. I will suggest that you take Vicodin/tramadol/morphine to put off this pain. These drugs can only be gotten via a doctor's prescription and as such i suggest you talk to your doctor about the severity of your pain and request for more potent pain medications. Any sensitive doctor should be empathetic enough to help you about this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.