Suggest treatment for severe pain in and around the oblique muscle

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi, Dr my mum is 43 years old and she has been experiencing pain in & around Ilac crest and oblique muscle region. Please suggest the treatment and any medicine to relieve the pain.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Evaluation needed.

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know few details before I suggest you some treatment.

Is the pain deep inside of on the bony prominence ?
Is there any symptom related defecation and urination ?
Is the pain continuous or intermittent ?

Waiting for your response,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 3 days later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Sorry for the late reply.

The pain is around the hip region and now the pain has subsidised after taking ezact mr 60mg, however, she still feels slight pain and discomfort while sitting.

There is no symptom related urination and the pain was intermittent.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Calcium and Vit D supplements

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the info.

Since the pain is related to hip, Joint involvement cannot be ruled out.

I recommend regular pain killers like Ezact MR for pain and also to take calcium and Vit D supplements.

Shelcal 500 mg one tab per day for 2 months
D RIZE Vitamin D powder XXXXXXX one per week with milk for 8 weeks is ideal dosage for the above.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy