Suggest treatment for severe leg cramps and swollen foot

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i had a radical hysterectomy Monday XXXXXXX 30 and today i started having severe leg cramps and my calf and foot are very noticably swollen...and they also put stints in my tubes from my kidney to my bladder and i have a cathater in
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go to the ER and get examined by doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
There are several reasons for this swelling of legs and feet after radical hysterectomy:
1. Due to immobility and associated anaemia. This oedema causes discomfort only and not cramps.
2. Lymphaedema due to surgery
3. Blood Clot in the veins of calf. This is a very serious condition.
Therefore go to the ER for thorough examination by doctor. Once the cause is known, appropriate treatment can be given.
I hope this is helpful.
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy