Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for severe itchy blisters on the body

Answered by
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1970

Answered : 6861 Questions

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed this intense itching that blisters and has wheals. It moves around on my body. It even keeps me awake at night. I have been to dermatologist and he diagnosed it as eczema and gave me corticosteroids which do not help anymore. I have been to allergist who says I have many food and environmental allergies.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult anexpert dermatologist for specific treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query underHealthcaremagic. I have read it &understood your concern.
*The skin lesion you describe with intense itching , not relieved by steroid ointments . seems to be fungal infection.. with characteristic rash with blisters &itching... not being relieved by steroids. In fact the rashes of fungal infection tend to worsen with steroids.
*Local examination by expert &Histopathological test of skin scraping ..would confirm it.
Usually local application of antifgal ointment can control mild infections. But severe infections may need oral antifungal drugs.
*You need to consult a skin specialist for examination/investigation & specific treatment .please don't worry you would be fine with the treatment taken strictly as per advise of the doctor.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Oral antifungal

doctor1 MD

Hello doc my mother has some skin problem

doctor1 MD

any idea what these white marks are

doctor1 MD

Having a terrible yeast infection….used the Monistate with cortisone and it is burning awful and can't get any relief! is there anything else i can do!