Suggest treatment for severe itchy blisters on the body

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed this intense itching that blisters and has wheals. It moves around on my body. It even keeps me awake at night. I have been to dermatologist and he diagnosed it as eczema and gave me corticosteroids which do not help anymore. I have been to allergist who says I have many food and environmental allergies.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult anexpert dermatologist for specific treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for the query underHealthcaremagic. I have read it &understood your concern.
*The skin lesion you describe with intense itching , not relieved by steroid ointments . seems to be fungal infection.. with characteristic rash with blisters &itching... not being relieved by steroids. In fact the rashes of fungal infection tend to worsen with steroids.
*Local examination by expert &Histopathological test of skin scraping ..would confirm it.
Usually local application of antifgal ointment can control mild infections. But severe infections may need oral antifungal drugs.
*You need to consult a skin specialist for examination/investigation & specific treatment .please don't worry you would be fine with the treatment taken strictly as per advise of the doctor.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.