Suggest treatment for severe gastritis and upper stomach pain

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with severe gastritis and visible erosion in deodenum D1 two weeks ago in a endoscopy test. Was adviced to take mohepa and vanproz RD for 10 days. All was fine when taking medicine, but past 2 days slight pain in the upper areas of stomach. Started taking raciper 40 prescribed earlier. Pl suggest
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue Taking Racipher

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

As per endoscopy you are having gastritis and duodenitis.
For complete relief you may have to take medications for 4-8 weeks.
You continue taking Raciper 40 once daily before breakfast for 4-8 weeks.
Avoid painkiller medications.

I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.r.K.

Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
Thanks doctor, but which is the pain killer, vanproz RD or Mohepa. Also what medicine to take when irritation is occuring for relief?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Painkillers like brufen. voveran should be avoided

Detailed Answer:
By painkillers I meant medications like brufen and voveran which people usually take for joint pains and other body aches. These medications are known to cause gastritis.
For fast relief of symptoms you can take mucaine gel 10 ml or omez insta mixed with water.

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist