Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
7-10 days minimum!
Firstly thanks for choosing health care magic for your query,
You are suffering from gastroenteritis.The most common cause of gastroenteritis in adults is Viral gastroenetritis.Viral gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection marked by watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea or vomiting, and sometimes fever.An episode of gastroenteritis takes almost 7 to 10 days to settle down.However abdominal pain can be relieved by taking antispasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine and Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like mefenamic acid(consult your gastroenterologist before taking).Severe cramps are because of lose of fluids and electrolytes from body due to vomiting and/or Diarrhea.Electral available over counter should be taken as much as possible to replenish the fluids and electrolytes lost in diarrhea.The earlier the electrolytes are replenished,the faster would be recovery from cramps.Have a lot of orange juice,You can take banana or coconut water.
As per your question,one episode will take at least 7-10 days to settle down,However symptoms can be relieved by taking above mentioned medicine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatments for abdominal pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe cramp
- Suggest medication for cramps and abdominal pain
- Suggest medication for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and appetite loss
- Constipation stomach pain severe cramps treatment for symptoms
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain caused by hard coughing
- What is the treatment for the severe cramps during menstruation
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses