Suggest treatment for severe cough, increased mucus production, runny nose and headache

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health
Question: What's going around in XXXXXXX with very heavy phlegm, nonstop deep cough, runny nose, headache, but no sneezing ?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have you ever experienced this before?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to know to whether this is the first time you are experiencing this or you have had this before. Also, are there many persons in the community experiencing similar symptoms.

If this has been happening for a while, this could represent bronchitis which may be more common in persons who smoke. For now, I will recommend that you drink much water only and stay calm. If fever or breathing difficulty sets in, there will be need to seek further evaluation and probably get a chest x-ray done.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to keep me updated.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T