Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Good Afternoon

I'm XXXXXXX I'm 30 now and I'm experiecing since last Saturday severe back pain. It started on the left side of my neck then went down the left omoplate. Now after have went to the urgencies where they x rayed my back and have gave me myprodol to have for five days I'm still layed down at my bed and Just can't bare the pains in the left side of my spin e down at the back.

Please help me fins attached the x
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are having acute back spasm

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you are having acute muscle spasm of back and neck. This can occur following sleeping in wrong posture or sudden jerk of the neck. It is very painful and stays for few days. Before I advise you any thing I want to know few details.
1. Are you having any pain in hand or leg also?
2. Is there any feeling of tingling and numbness?
3.Are you taking any other medicine apart from Myoprodol? If yes please mention its name?
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 29 minutes later
Thank you so much Dr for your brief answer. When they massage me with diclofenac on cream and it touches some specific points near the neck I feel tingling in the left hand and when it does the same on the end of the back I feel the same in the left leg. Besides the cream I'm also having diclofenac in pills but still having a lot of pain. What should I do to get beter, I've already lost a day in the job and even so I don't feel beter.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need Myospaz

Detailed Answer:
I think you need better muscle relaxant then what you are currently taking. I have following suggestions.
1.Myospaz- it contains Chlorzoxazone
2. Myoril- It contains Thioquest
These two are good muscle relaxant which can be tried in your case and they are very much helpful. You can discuss about them with your doctor.You should continue Diclofenac ointment in the back twice daily with hot water fomentation. You would need three days bed rest more.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
Thanks.
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement