Suggest treatment for severe acne on the back and chest

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 7 Nov 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi i am been observing lot of pimples/acne on my back and chest. I have been on medication of tb for last 18th months. Medication has been stopped in the month of September 15, 2016.

I was diagosed with Spine TB in the month of February 2015 and till then I was on medication.

Could it be the result of medication. If yes, how to get rid of them.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
possibaly.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting a query to healthcaremagic.
The acne could be due to the TB medicines.

Use acne products with benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is one of the most effective ingredients for fighting men’s body acne and back acne.

Cotton is notorious for trapping sweat that can clog pores and lead to body acne breakouts. So if you sweat a lot or exercise often, consider using other skin-friendly fabrics. A lot of workout clothes now feature sweat-wicking technology, which keeps sweat away from your body and may reduce the risk of body acne breakouts.
Hair products. If you wear hair products and live in warmer climes, your gel/wax/spray can melt during the day and slowly trickle down your back and into your pores. This will cause breakouts of spots all over your upper back. Try minimizing the amount of product you use in your hair and see if it makes a difference. At night, be sure to thoroughly wash your hair clean of any product. Washing twice should do the trick.

You should not consider stopping TB medications as this is the very important for you.

take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 16 minutes later
Dear Dr. Nagamani,

Thanks for addressing my concern. Please note that I have not stopped medication myself it has been told by my doctor who was looking after my disease.

Further, please note that i am not using any hair product so this could not be the result of hair product, however i will try benzoyl peroxide, if it helps.

In addition to the above, i am also observing very small small pimples on my forehead too. can I use benzoyl peroxide on forehead too.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
try benzoyl peroxide 2.5% for back and chest at night times.

Detailed Answer:
Along with this use Nizorol shampoo for hair, as unnoticed hair fungal infection will result in such acne.

This may cause dry skin use any good moisturizer.

Any query do follow up.