Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had gas pains since Saturday night. After two enamas and laxative this morning I have had a little action. My right side at my waistline still hurts. No more gas and no results from the laxative. Could I have a impacted bowel, if not. What are the other possibilities?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Too early to worry of impacted bowel. Probably a functional problem

Detailed Answer:
hi and thanks for the query

I understand this can be disturbing. I however think it's too early to be worried of an impacted bowel.. in an impacted bowel the pain is enormous the abdomen continually gets distended and at some point no stool completely and one starts to vomit which is not the case with you.

you might need to check your diet . avoid gas producing foods like yogurts. eat more fruits and drink a lot of water.

In case this persists a colonoscopy to cue k for any massesin the colon might be useful.

this to me looks more of a functional problem requiring a good diet, gas free foods, vegetables and fruits and a lot of fluids. you cannot imagine the magic of exercise in helping in these kind of circumstances. I encourage you to do regular exercise. Laxatives are useful but should not be the rule in my opinion.

thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D