• question-icon

Suggest treatment for seizure

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I had a seizure/panic attack this morning and have been under treatment for this on a bi-monthly basis. However, this morning I happened to lose concussioness on my hardwood floor. I am showing several signs of a concussion. What is my best course of action?
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to see your ER specialist in emergency for concussion injury

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Based on the information provided to me it will be difficult to decide if you had a panic attack or a seizure. If the loss of consciousness was preceded by a typical panic attack which use to happen in the past I would probably go in favor of a panic spell. Prolonged panic spells with hyperventilation can end in a seizure and fall resulting in head injury. An eyewitness if present during the event, before and after the event would be more helpful to differentiate a panic spell from a seizure. If there was a trigger before the event again would favor a panic attack.

As you are suffering from several concussion injuries you need to see your ER specialist for evaluation of serious head injury. CT Brain would be required to know the severity of the concussion and medications to prevent seizures secondary to concussion injuries.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful and informative.

If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist. XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Shiva Kumar R

Neurologist