Suggest treatment for sebaceous cysts on the labia majora

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I have sebaceous cyst on my labia majora outer o
and inner more on outer that's not appealing gets painful and rub my clothing I was considering labiaplastic, surgery because it's been problem for years now please advise
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
excision of individual cysts as they are small.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the query and picture.
To recapitulate: Female/40 - multiple sebaceous cysts on Labia Majora and minora - not appealing, gets painful - rub with clothing - was considering labioplastic surgery as this has been a problem for years - wants advise.

These are multiple cysts as seen in the picture, but are small and are separated from each other, you may please opt for excision of the cysts individually as this will be simple and easy procedure.
There is no need about labioplaty or so.
Once operated, keep the area clean with plain water and keep dry .
Avoid hot and humid atmosphere as these increase secretions and closure of hte ducts cause cysts to form more so with more sweating.
Also get histo-pathology report of the excised parts to get a confirmed diagnosis.

I hope this answers your specific query and helps you in decision making.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.